How To create a graphic with and alpha channel
This article contains information on creating a graphic file with an alpha channel. ExpressDigital requires a .tga or a .png file with an alpha channel in order to see a particular graphic’s transparency.
You must be using Adobe Photoshop or other images editor that can save as .png or .tga
1. Open your photo in Adobe Photoshop.
2. Select the area you want to be transparent.
3. Click on SELECT from the main menu and choose INVERSE.
4. Click on SELECT from the main menu and choose SAVE SELECTION.
5. A “Save Selection” window will popup. Click OK.
6. Save your file as a .tga or a .png file. Make sure that the option for Alpha Channels is clicked.