If you are an owner of an older version of Darkroom, and you need to download the software, please email customer support your request and we will send you the information you need. Please include the product type (Core, Pro, Assembly) and version number needed (ie v 8.9).
Hardware Protection Key Driver Update
If you are using a new 64-bit computer but an old version of Darkroom (9.0 or older) you'll need to download the driver update from the link to the right.
- Ciaat Brava21 Direct Driver Added
- Printer Load Balancing Improved
- Nikon D610 and D810 Added
- Fuji DX100 HQ Mode Support
- Added look up text fields from a CSV file
- Edits to image nodes were now saved
- Activated version saves edits to templates
- Interlaced and CMYK files supported
- Shooting into a border will fill numerically
- Fixed CD burning from cart
- Fixed prompt for copies with digital delivery items
- Fixed camera connect button in Photo Library
- Fixed alignment for 2x6 with DNP printers
- Fixed DVD and Blue ray burning
9.2.2161(Download: Core | Pro )
- Can now sort by "Printed" flag
- Changes to Canon Rebel XT Tethering.
- Fix for using dongle with RemoteDesktop.
- Fix for Fuji DX100 direct driver color control setting.
- Fix for browse color profile.
- Fix for QR code barcode dialog.
- Core activation support
- New Green Screen algorithm
- New Green screen Masking tool
- New DX-100 print driver in Core and Pro
- Added direct print drivers to Core for Dye sub printers
- QR code generation
- Live view for Nikon cameras
- Facial detection based head size matching (beta)
- Better support for interlaced PNG and JPG files in borders
- Better support for progressive PNG and JPG files in borders
- Better support for CMYK JPG files in borders
- Fixed Canon tethering issue described in 1973.
- When adding data to a photo (e.g. Type=Team), Darkroom now will save the data each time the Data Properties dialog is OK'd. Previously, the data was not saved unless you switched top-level catalogs.
- Changed first name, last name order for Event Presentation mode.
- Windows printers now default to current Windows pagesize when added.
- Changes to preserve case on %filename% so FILENAME% outputs all upper-case, %filename% outputs all lower-case, %Filename% outputs case exactly as original file.
- %CatalogName% now outputs the immediate folder containing the image for images in unmanaged desktop folders.
- %ParentCatalogName% also now works for unmanaged desktop folders.
- %CatalogFolder% is a new variable and displays the full path to the images (this works on both managed catalogs and desktop folders).
- Pro / Assembly: DNP 2x6 cut fix for 2 2x6's on a 4x6 sheet
9.1.1973(Download: Core | Pro | Assembly)
- Tethering with Canon Camera and setting Darkroom to NOT "replace the workshop picture with the new photo" is broken. It will be fixed soon. In the meantime, either set replace to yes or use an older build.
- Nikon D5200, D7100
- Canon EOS 6D, EOS-1D C
- Support for Fuji DL-650
- Photo email filename uses Darkroom filename rather than Photo.jpg
- Added print count to DNP DS40/DS80/RX1 driver in Pro and Assembly
- Green Screen Improvements
- Defaults some settings for faster and better dropout (added ColorFill setting in application options to revert back to way it previously worked)
- lower memory usage
- robustness (rare crashes fixed)
- Added 4 checkboxes to the Workflow - Event Presentation settings:
- allow crop tools
- allow enhance tools
- allow rotate tool
- allow zoom tool
- Improvements for Fuji DL4xx, LP5700, Noritsu NPS Printers
- %path% allowed in output filename
- Camera warning on startup works correctly
- Error message if client cannot be connected is easier to understand
- Canon shooting into multi-opening borders works correctly
- The tag %EventId% corrected to work properly
- Fixed startup timing for ultra-fast computers
- More stable printer detection for DNP DS40/DS80/RX1 on Windows 8
- Invalid last import folder issue in Windows 8 fixed
9.1.1958(Download: Core | Pro | Assembly)
- fixes quickprint of digital media to save
- fixes windows 8 / pen input problems with tethered camera options
- fixes film bar number
- fixes memory status in system info
- fixes %eventid% variable
- makes %catalogname% and other event variables work on workshop page and not just in printed orders
- Digital media to allow Quick Print like Photo Email does
- Quick Print on Client computer
- Save to file should use border dpi
- Hot Key “0? problem fixed
- Barcode objects render properly
- Added photo search by EXIF data ability
- Added 2×6 print size and 2×6 on a 4×6 print sizes
- Added support for DNP 2×6 cut mode
- Improved first-time setup for Fuji PIC hotfolder printers and MS01 printers
- ”Automatically login to online accounts” checkbox on startup dialog is hidden if no online account information is available.
- Fixed Archive flag in Pro
- Fixed Canon Live View
- Fixed Nikon NEF/Raw Files
- Added features to Sports Presentation Mode
- When you delete or hide an image you don’t get moved to top of catalog
- Fixed AE wrong icon size introduced in 1934
- BUG: Canon Live View doesn’t work. Fixed in new build to be published ASAP. Call/email if you need it now.
- New: Can Export Order Data (ie emails) from orders tab. Right click on orders to see export option.
- New Camera: Nikon D4, D800.
- New Camera: Canon 5D Mark III, EOS 1DX, EOS 650D/Rebel T4i.
- New Printer: Added DNP DS40, DS80, DSRX1.
- New Printer: Fuji DL600, Fuji LP5700.
- New: Digital Media can now use custom watermark.
- New: Digital Media can now edit settings when used with Autoprint.
- New: Digital Media : Create Digital Media menu option can now be disabled.
- New: Receipt Printing: Can print order id as barcode on receipt (requires registry setting).
- New: Receipt Printing: Darkroom variables now work in detailed receipt text (setupfulfillment optionsreceipt optionsedit detailed receipt text.
- New: Event Presentation mode changes. Added options in SetupApplication OptionsWorkflow SettingsEvent Presentation Mode settings.
- Fix: Auto print proof / receipt fixed buttons fixed.
- Fix: Photo Email: Now works on saved photo in workshop.
- Fix: Presention Mode exit issue when non-admin or choosing catalogs.
- Fix: When using original filename and hotfolder, Darkroom would replace current picture.
- Assembly: New: Package barcodes are now readable when printed from Windows 7.
- Assembly: Fix: Can now create PSPA output with custom image size.
- Assembly: Fix: NOT EQUAL queries now work correctly.
- Misc: Lots of localization work to enable non-English Languages in the future.
- Misc: Work on Activated version (dongle-less) of Darkroom.
- New: Can use HTML for Photo Emails.
- New: Nikon 5100 Supported.
- New: Tethered capture works on all pages.
- New: Calendars updated to 2012.
- New: Can now use Original Filenames with Hotfolder/FTP/Wireless Cameras
- New: Added Fuji LP5700 Printer (Pro/AE).
- New: Setup Options for Barcode Scanner Detection.
- New: Shows Catalog name or file path on order if no customer name.
- New: Option to hide “find” buttons in Event Presentation Mode.
- New: Delete sends to recycle bin.
- Fix: Fuji PIC/FCIM hotfolder printing issues.
- Fix: No longer resets settings on upgrade.
- Fix: Rotated green screen image node issue.
- Fix: PDF Printing issue.
- Fix: F3 to find next image works.
- Fix: Save to Digital Media works correctly.
Assembly Specific Notes:
- New: Add PSPA Photo Option for Power School with 200×300 images.
- Fix: Photo Email now works properly.
- Fix: EDF file not resolving customer info.
- Fix/Add: Fuji S5/Canon Barcodes supported.
- Fix: Issue with barcode scan during field input.
- New: Canon T3 and T3i Cameras are now supported for tethering
- New: Presentation mode ordering change (shipping info copied to billing info for order tracking)
- New: Fuji PIC Hotfolder updates
- Fix: Canon Raw files now work
- Fix: Changes to live view
- Fix: Changes to application updater
- Known Issue: Win 7, Archiving to the root of a drive (like a USB Drive) renames drive
- Changed %Package% variable to correctly give package name
- Rewrote live view for forthcoming changes
- Known Issue: Canon RAW files not working (fixed in next build)
- Fixed all three issues in 1841 below
9.1.1841 Issue / Program Impacted / Status
- Use Previous Green Screen Tools not working / Core, Pro / Fixed in next build
- “Image format used with external editor” from JPG does not work correctly / Core, Pro / Evaluating
- Photo Email CC: field not working / Core, Pro / Fixing, can use comma to separate addresses for now