The noritsu net order printers include a functionality that allows the printer to relay any messages such as “door ajar!” etc. for display in your Darkroom software. It is possible to disable this if
necessary. There are any number of reasons that you may want to disable this functionality ranging from interfernece with your workflow to just being annoying.
***IMPORTANT NOTICE*** This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. How to back up the Windows registry
1. Go to START and select RUN.
2. Type in regedit and click OK.
3. Click the Plus sign (Maximize) the HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
4. Click the Plus sign (Maximize) the Software.
5. Click the Plus sign (Maximize) the Express Digital.
6. Click the Plus sign (Maximize) the EventLib.
7. Click the Plus sign (Maximize) the 8.0.
8. Click Printers
9. Click Noritsu QSS
10. Add a new DWORD value “UseMonitor” and leave the value set to 0
11. To re-enable status monitoring delete the key or set it to 1.
If you use more than one Noritsu printer in Darkroom you will notice more than one entry for Nortisu QSS in the registry. In this case you need to put this value into each Noritsu printer section (ie. Noritsu QSS,Noritsu QSS 1, Noritsu QSS 2, etc.) that you would like the status monitoring disabled for.