This article contains information on adding media rules to printers and packages in your Darkroom Software. In Darkroom you are able to print specific sized packages to specific printers by setting up a media type. Using a media rule you can have multiple printers connected to your Darkroom software that allow many sizes and are unable to regulate what package items print to each printer.
1. Go to SETUP
2. Click on PRINTER OPTIONS
3. Click CONFIGURE PRINTER
4. Click on the tab called MEDIA & PROFILE (Note: some printers medias are listed in different areas in some printers media is located under advanced or under roll sizes)
5. Select your media from the drop down or create your own.
6. Choose your media rule (There are three different types of rules you can choose. The default media rule is ignore media description accept all prints will ignore any media and print all allowed sizes to that printer. The two other rules are Use Media description accept matching prints and use media description accept exact matching prints only. Use media description accept matching prints is if you have a print size but you have two different types of paper you can apply a media called luster, glossy and then are able to send a print in that size with either a glossy media applied to it or a luster. Use media description accept exact matching prints only will only print packages with the exact media you have listed so if your media is glossy for 8 inch prints then the printer will only print 8 inch glossy packages.)
7. Once you have setup up your media in your printer hit okay.
8. Go to PRODUCTS & SERVICES
9. Click on PACKAGE GROUPS
10. Click on your PACKAGE GROUP
11. Click on a PACKAGE ITEM
12. Double click on your LOCAL ITEM
13. Type the same media here that you have specified for your printer.
14. Hit okay, you should now be able to print to a specific printer.