- One Software, Any Workflow
- Processing, Editing and Retouching
- Best in Class Greenscreen
- Any printer, any camera
- Powerful, Intuitive
- Streamline your workflow with 1 click package printing
- Powerful tools let you create custom templates
- Do advanced editing and retouching (clone, burn, dodge, colorize and all other standard photo-editing tools) without the need for other software.
- Social sharing and e-commerce capabilities
- Works with virtually any camera, tethered and wireless options
- Works with virtually any printer, wired and wireless options
- Built in printer drivers enable plug and play ease and speeds up printing
- Background printing saves time and frees up computer for shooting
- Easy to set up and learn to use right out of the box
- Tools to scale to any size event or activation – Pro can act as a Server in multi-station client/server setup
- Configure multiple sales stations at events or sales kiosks for direct sales using Core software as client stations
- Edit images on one machine, sell and publish on another
- Fully supported – We are here to help you grow your business
Darkroom Core or Darkroom Pro?
Find out which is right for you.
While Darkroom Core is sufficient for most single camera events, Darkroom Pro adds a networking feature enabling large scale events with multiple shooting stations and or viewing ordering stations when used with Darkroom Core. Pro also adds support for large, high volume mini-lab printing systems like those from Fujifilm and Noritsu. Still not sure? Give us a call and we can help you decide.
- Low or high volume single camera events like Photos with Santa or Easter Bunny
- Step and repeat, manual camera photo booth, corporate activations
- School or Sports photos and composites
- Professional headshots, corporate events
- Multiple dye-sub printers
- Supported OS: Windows 10
- High volume networked events with Multiple camera stations
- High volume pay for print events: sporting tournaments like volleyball or cheer
- Multiple ordering stations
- Theme parks, museums or cruise ships
- Multiple dye-sub printers or mini-lab printing, large format printers
- Supported OS: Windows 10
Version 9.3 Now Available
New features and benefits in Darkroom Core and Pro 9.3
Support for remove.bg
Remove.bg is a third party service that will remove the background of any photo with or without green screen. It works 100% automatically: You don’t have to manually select the background/foreground layers to separate them – just select your image and instantly download the result image with the background removed. Remove.bg is a great solution for problem images such as the random green dress at the prom. The service does require an internet connection. Click here to try it for yourself, you will be amazed.
Drag and drop auto insert green screen image placement in panoramic and multi-image templates
In previous versions, panoramic and other multi-image templates had to be built with the correct number of photo nodes to match the number of subjects. For example if you had a sports template with 11 nodes and a team comes along with 12 players you had to edit the template and add another photo node or more as needed. Now just create all templates with a single photo node, drag and drop green screen images as needed and Darkroom will add new duplicate photo nodes as needed. You can also select 2 or more green screen images in the film bar in the Photo Workshop and choose “Insert selected” and those will be added automatically and spaced accordingly in the template.
Auto camera detection
Previous versions required navigating to the setup tab to choose the camera brand and in the case of Nikon the actual model from a very long list of supported cameras. Now Darkroom automatically detects the camera connected and it works with no setup required.
Command hot folder adds template and text addition
Darkroom will monitor a hot folder for an image and a text file with the same file name. The text file may contain information to specify instructions such as template, print size and quantity. This is useful for large high volume operations. Available in Darkroom Pro only.
Support for Photoshop droplet
A droplet is an executable file generated by Photoshop that allows you to apply a set of actions just by dragging and dropping files or folders on to it. This is a great time saver when you have to apply the same action to a lot of files! You can now add a Photoshop droplet to a template for special effects and filters.
Activation codes for for Darkroom Pro
Eliminates the need to order and ship a hardware key (dongle) enabling instant delivery. Especially important to our customers outside the US where shipping can take 1 to 2 weeks and require customs and duty expenses.
More to come!
Stay tuned – we will be adding more features in the coming weeks.
Core – 9.2 to 9.3 = $95; 9.1 to 9.3 = $295
Pro – 9.2 to 9.3 = $195; 9.1 to 9.3 = $495
Upgrading your Darkroom Software
Upgrades can be purchased from within your Darkroom Core or Pro software. To start the upgrade process download and install version 9.3 and follow the prompts. Your computer will need an internet connection to complete the payment process. If you are within your one-year maintenance and support window (purchased 9.2 after June 1, 2020), then you are eligible for a free upgrade. Instructions and download link to 9.3 can be found here.
If you purchased or upgraded a dongle after June 1, 2020 please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your proof of purchase for upgrade instructions.
If you need additional assistance please email email@example.com or during business hours call 214-390-3258 and leave a message and a support specialist will contact you (Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm Central)
Make Growing Your Photography Business Easy
Start saving time, automating your workflow and building a better and more profitable photography business with Darkroom.
Find A Dealer
Darkroom Software maintains a strong network of dealers that are not only very knowledgeable about Darkroom Software but that can also provide a variety of turnkey solutions that may include cameras, printers and other products.
New York, NY
New York, NY
Digital Technology Group
Event Photo Market
Bowling Green, KY
Richmond Pro Lab
Richmond, VA 23220
Southpoint Photo Imaging
3 Australian Locations