Darkroom uses an index file to keep track of the location of the .bdr files which comprise the groups in the templates section of the products and services module in Darkroom. If this file becomes corrupt, gets deleted, or is replaced it is possible to instruct darkroom to rebuild the index using the existing border group files on disk.
If you are missing your border or template groups but the .bdr files that correspond to the missing groups are still on disk you can use this method to get the border groups back in Darkroom.
***IMPORTANT NOTICE*** This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. How to back up the Windows registry
1. Go to START and select RUN.
2. Type in regedit and click OK.
3. Click the Plus sign (Maximize) the HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
4. Click the Plus sign (Maximize) the Software.
5. Click the Plus sign (Maximize) the Express Digital.
6. Click the Plus sign (Maximize) the 8.0.
7. Click the Plus sign (Maximize) the Settings.
8. Right Click on Settings and then New. Add the following >DWORD: RebuildBdrIndex = 1
Restart the application.