Hardware Protection Key Driver Update
If you are using a new 64-bit computer but an old version of Darkroom (9.0 or older) you'll need to download the driver update from the link to the right.
If you are an owner of an older version of Darkroom, and you need to download the software, please email customer support your request and we will send you the information you need. Please include the product type (Core, Pro, Assembly) and version number needed (ie v 8.9).
- Activation changes in Core
- 5x5 and 6x6 print size support for DNP and Bravia printers
- Updated to latest Facebook API 3.2
- Nikon D850, D7500, Z7
- Canon EOS R
- Improvements of use of watermark in Event presentation mode
- Additional control of menus visible during Event presentation mode
- Allows referencing attached image in HTML email
- New networking system for client/server with detection for Windows 10 Build 1803
- Improvements to Twilio and Dropbox setup and configuration
- Assembly Edition - ability for import wizard to sort by filename
- Chroma-key outlines (beta feature)
- Missing mobile carriers file (for sending to phone using email without requiring Twilio)
- Problem validating certain jpg image files when read across network shared drives
- Sending multiple emails with attachments to same email address
- Problem with template objects set with rotation, custom mask, and as floating
- Order name no longer defaults to the Event Name when working under the Event Category
- Advanced Tilt failed under certain conditions
- iOS email preview issue
(11/09/2017) Download: Core
- Support DNP panoramic 8-inch sizes. re-test extended sizes 6x16, 6x24, 8x20, 8x30
- Allows email to cell-phone via phone carrier. Email dialog shows an option to send to phone via known carrier.
- An issue printing 7x10's to DX100
- An issue printing 5x7’s to DX100
- A problem flipping transparent graphics in template
- A problem reading certain Canon .cr2 raw files
- Removing authorization for Instagram
- 5x8 print size listed correctly in 8-inch print sizes (previously it was a 5x8 on an 8x10 sheet rather than a true 5x8)
- Use of bold and italic fonts within XBDRs (XBDrs cannot be saved in Core/Pro currently, but can be used)
- Update to Facebook api 2.10. No changes to functionality, but future-proofs against Facebook retiring 2.9 api.
- DNP DS620 driver
- DNP DS820 diver
- Panoramic print sizes directly supported for DNP DS620 and 820
- Nikon camera D5600 supported
- Added new Canon cameras
- Updated to Dropbox v2 support
- Feature to duplicate an image object on a template loaded in the workshop page. Also able to move objects up/down in drawing order
- 8x26 panoramic for DNP
- Extra image output option for Noritsu QSS and NPS minilabs
- Allows panoramic posts to Facebook
- Support for Fine Matte and Luster on DNP DS620 and DS820
Hot folder camera works correctly if set to Do not replace in Photo Workshop
- Fixes an issue with the DX100 with the version 4.0 driver
- Customer name now displays correctly on Catalogs tagged as a Portrait session
- Fixes a green screen issue with certain image sizes
- Log in issue with Twillio accounts
- larger easier-to-use numeric keypad for entering phone numbers for sending photos via text message
- 4-inch roll size to list of roll sizes available for custom size selection for DX100
- Crash if a graphic image with alphachannel was being stretched larger and was positioned where it was partially clipped off the top left of the template
- Updated facebook support
- DS80 lifetime print count to display properly converted quantity
- Problems with image harvesting from certain sources if http header did not contain a content-length tag
- Issues with file sharing violations being generated by PhotoTasks (such as digital media output to a folder).
- Updated Photoreflect support
- Problem for very high-resolution photos used with Chromakey/green-screen dropout. Previously, the middle hue color may not be calculated correctly resulting in a poor dropout.
- Updates to Crop-to-Face and face-centering template features
- Interaction issues between Hot Folder Camera and option to not update workshop page when a new photo is acquired.
- Printing to a DX100 where first 1 or 2 prints might have failed due to a timing issue connecting to the driver
- fixed problem with Chromakey dropout when forcing a blue-screen dropout (and image contains a large amount of green pixels).
- Name stored into the order to be correct even if the event is a portrait event. The customer information should not be over-ridden by the portrait session name
- Fixed a crash on the workshop page related to the Color Picker (used for templates with selectable colors) and the UNDO feature
- Updates to Instagram harvesting
- Printing to Fujifilm DL650 where 4x6s were rotated wrong but only if printed to a 152-mm roll and the printer bleed size was set to 1 pixel
- New Canon SDK
- New Nikon SDK
- New built in driver for the DNP DS-620
- Support for the new Fuji DX100 EX driver
- Fixed issue with Canon Camera tethering images left in Temp Folder.
- Fixed issue with Twilio signup failing.
- Fixed red eye removal.
- Fixed Sony camera file issue with Hot Folder Camera.
- Fixed Facebook image gathering.
- Fixed Assembly Edition data entry crash issue.
- Fixed Post to Facebook Page
- Ctrl-hotkeys re-enabled
- Fix for sporadic problems uploading images to Labtricity
- Fixed Photo data not saving
- Fixed sort order when publishing to Photoreflect
- Fixed an issue where Digital Media Items were not saved in the proper format.
- Added the ability to burn Digital Media to the local client in a Client/Server environment.
- Nikon D750 support
- Canon 7D support
- Import photo via Email (Email in)
- Photo email with a template
- Support for multiple hot folders
- Dropbox Harvest
- Facebook Harvest
- Instagram Harvest
- MMS Import with Twillio
- Add template to Digital Media
- Updated Digital Delivery dialog
- Facebook posting
- Text / MMS photo via Twillio
- Dropbox post with email prompt
- Digital delivery from a client in Client/Server setup
- Fixed border group selection issue from 2174
- Fixed shipping options not sticking in Setup
- Ciaat Brava21 Direct Driver Added
- Printer Load Balancing Improved
- Nikon D610 and D810 Added
- Fuji DX100 HQ Mode Support
- Added look up text fields from a CSV file
- Edits to image nodes were now saved
- Activated version saves edits to templates
- Interlaced and CMYK files supported
- Shooting into a border will fill numerically
- Fixed CD burning from cart
- Fixed prompt for copies with digital delivery items
- Fixed camera connect button in Photo Library
- Fixed alignment for 2x6 with DNP printers
- Fixed DVD and Blue ray burning
- Can now sort by "Printed" flag
- Changes to Canon Rebel XT Tethering.
- Fix for using dongle with RemoteDesktop.
- Fix for Fuji DX100 direct driver color control setting.
- Fix for browse color profile.
- Fix for QR code barcode dialog.
- Core activation support
- New Green Screen algorithm
- New Green screen Masking tool
- New DX-100 print driver in Core and Pro
- Added direct print drivers to Core for Dye sub printers
- QR code generation
- Live view for Nikon cameras
- Facial detection based head size matching
- Better support for interlaced PNG and JPG files in borders
- Better support for progressive PNG and JPG files in borders
- Better support for CMYK JPG files in borders
- Fixed Canon tethering issue described in 1973.
- When adding data to a photo (e.g. Type=Team), Darkroom now will save the data each time the Data Properties dialog is OK'd. Previously, the data was not saved unless you switched top-level catalogs.
- Changed first name, last name order for Event Presentation mode.
- Windows printers now default to current Windows pagesize when added.
- Changes to preserve case on %filename% so FILENAME% outputs all upper-case, %filename% outputs all lower-case, %Filename% outputs case exactly as original file.
- %CatalogName% now outputs the immediate folder containing the image for images in unmanaged desktop folders.
- %ParentCatalogName% also now works for unmanaged desktop folders.
- %CatalogFolder% is a new variable and displays the full path to the images (this works on both managed catalogs and desktop folders).
- Pro / Assembly: DNP 2x6 cut fix for 2 2x6's on a 4x6 sheet
- Tethering with Canon Camera and setting Darkroom to NOT "replace the workshop picture with the new photo" is broken. It will be fixed soon. In the meantime, either set replace to yes or use an older build.
- Nikon D5200, D7100
- Canon EOS 6D, EOS-1D C
- Support for Fuji DL-650
- Photo email filename uses Darkroom filename rather than Photo.jpg
- Added print count to DNP DS40/DS80/RX1 driver in Pro and Assembly
- Green Screen Improvements
- Defaults some settings for faster and better dropout (added ColorFill setting in application options to revert back to way it previously worked)
- lower memory usage
- robustness (rare crashes fixed)
- Added 4 checkboxes to the Workflow - Event Presentation settings:
- allow crop tools
- allow enhance tools
- allow rotate tool
- allow zoom tool
- Improvements for Fuji DL4xx, LP5700, Noritsu NPS Printers
- %path% allowed in output filename
- Camera warning on startup works correctly
- Error message if client cannot be connected is easier to understand
- Canon shooting into multi-opening borders works correctly
- The tag %EventId% corrected to work properly
- Fixed startup timing for ultra-fast computers
- More stable printer detection for DNP DS40/DS80/RX1 on Windows 8
- Invalid last import folder issue in Windows 8 fixed
- fixes quickprint of digital media to save
- fixes windows 8 / pen input problems with tethered camera options
- fixes film bar number
- fixes memory status in system info
- fixes %eventid% variable
- makes %catalogname% and other event variables work on workshop page and not just in printed orders
- Digital media to allow Quick Print like Photo Email does
- Quick Print on Client computer
- Save to file should use border dpi
- Hot Key “0? problem fixed
- Barcode objects render properly
- Added photo search by EXIF data ability
- Added 2×6 print size and 2×6 on a 4×6 print sizes
- Added support for DNP 2×6 cut mode
- Improved first-time setup for Fuji PIC hotfolder printers and MS01 printers
- ”Automatically login to online accounts” checkbox on startup dialog is hidden if no online account information is available.
- Fixed Archive flag in Pro
- Fixed Canon Live View
- Fixed Nikon NEF/Raw Files
- Added features to Sports Presentation Mode
- When you delete or hide an image you don’t get moved to top of catalog
- Fixed AE wrong icon size introduced in 1934
- BUG: Canon Live View doesn’t work. Fixed in new build to be published ASAP. Call/email if you need it now.
- New: Can Export Order Data (ie emails) from orders tab. Right click on orders to see export option.
- New Camera: Nikon D4, D800.
- New Camera: Canon 5D Mark III, EOS 1DX, EOS 650D/Rebel T4i.
- New Printer: Added DNP DS40, DS80, DSRX1.
- New Printer: Fuji DL600, Fuji LP5700.
- New: Digital Media can now use custom watermark.
- New: Digital Media can now edit settings when used with Autoprint.
- New: Digital Media : Create Digital Media menu option can now be disabled.
- New: Receipt Printing: Can print order id as barcode on receipt (requires registry setting).
- New: Receipt Printing: Darkroom variables now work in detailed receipt text (setupfulfillment optionsreceipt optionsedit detailed receipt text.
- New: Event Presentation mode changes. Added options in SetupApplication OptionsWorkflow SettingsEvent Presentation Mode settings.
- Fix: Auto print proof / receipt fixed buttons fixed.
- Fix: Photo Email: Now works on saved photo in workshop.
- Fix: Presention Mode exit issue when non-admin or choosing catalogs.
- Fix: When using original filename and hotfolder, Darkroom would replace current picture.
- Assembly: New: Package barcodes are now readable when printed from Windows 7.
- Assembly: Fix: Can now create PSPA output with custom image size.
- Assembly: Fix: NOT EQUAL queries now work correctly.
- Misc: Lots of localization work to enable non-English Languages in the future.
- Misc: Work on Activated version (dongle-less) of Darkroom.
- New: Can use HTML for Photo Emails.
- New: Nikon 5100 Supported.
- New: Tethered capture works on all pages.
- New: Calendars updated to 2012.
- New: Can now use Original Filenames with Hotfolder/FTP/Wireless Cameras
- New: Added Fuji LP5700 Printer (Pro/AE).
- New: Setup Options for Barcode Scanner Detection.
- New: Shows Catalog name or file path on order if no customer name.
- New: Option to hide “find” buttons in Event Presentation Mode.
- New: Delete sends to recycle bin.
- Fix: Fuji PIC/FCIM hotfolder printing issues.
- Fix: No longer resets settings on upgrade.
- Fix: Rotated green screen image node issue.
- Fix: PDF Printing issue.
- Fix: F3 to find next image works.
- Fix: Save to Digital Media works correctly.
Assembly Specific Notes:
- New: Add PSPA Photo Option for Power School with 200×300 images.
- Fix: Photo Email now works properly.
- Fix: EDF file not resolving customer info.
- Fix/Add: Fuji S5/Canon Barcodes supported.
- Fix: Issue with barcode scan during field input.
- New: Canon T3 and T3i Cameras are now supported for tethering
- New: Presentation mode ordering change (shipping info copied to billing info for order tracking)
- New: Fuji PIC Hotfolder updates
- Fix: Canon Raw files now work
- Fix: Changes to live view
- Fix: Changes to application updater
- Known Issue: Win 7, Archiving to the root of a drive (like a USB Drive) renames drive
- Changed %Package% variable to correctly give package name
- Rewrote live view for forthcoming changes
- Known Issue: Canon RAW files not working (fixed in next build)
- Fixed all three issues in 1841 below
Email email@example.com with any issues!
9.1.1841 Issue / Program Impacted / Status
- Use Previous Green Screen Tools not working / Core, Pro / Fixed in next build
- “Image format used with external editor” from JPG does not work correctly / Core, Pro / Evaluating
- Photo Email CC: field not working / Core, Pro / Fixing, can use comma to separate addresses for now